Welcome to the Irish Guild of Weavers, Spinners, and Dyers web site.
Click here to sign up to our regular newsletter!
Our Guild is a voluntary organization with members from all over Ireland, we cater for everyone with an interest in these areas of the textile crafts from total beginners through to professionals. Our aims are:
- To promote and encourage the crafts of Weaving, Spinning & Dyeing
- To educate through workshops, lectures and demonstrations
- To compile a library and information on materials and equipment
We fulfill these aims by:
- Organising demonstrations and exhibitions and workshops
- Meeting in regional groups
- Producing a regular newsletter
- Having representation on national bodies
- Supporting educational initiatives
- Continually updating our information on suppliers and courses
We encourage everyone with an interest in these crafts to join the guild – please browse the menu to the left to find courses, read our news, and apply to join.
The Crafts Council is the National Design and Economic Development Organisation for the Craft Industry of Ireland. At present, we are pleased to have one of our members elected onto the management board. The Irish Guild of Weavers, Spinners & Dyers is, in itself, a member of the Crafts Council of Ireland. We are represented by another of our members on GANS (Member Guilds and Associations, Networks and Societies). GANS is involved in ongoing seminars resulting in recommendations to the Crafts Council.